The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
• To achieve a better functioning consumer protection, considering all elements of the system, in line with EU acquis and EU Member States’ best practices.
Expected results to be achieved by the end of the Project are as follows:
• Consumer protection levels improved with consumers having better access to information about their rights and means of recourse.
• Consumer arbitration system and consumer judiciary system including Court of Cassation and related chambers strengthened for more efficient implementation of law and for more simple, fair, effective and accessible procedures for consumers.
• Consumer arbitration system identified in a regulatory sense to use its potential to address the problems that arise the most and to steer private sector by evaluating the information it produces.
• The new strategy for consumer arbitration system projected to engage with NGOs, private sector and the other national alternative dispute resolution entities to formulate and implement a strong and effective consumer policy.
• Traders’ awareness raised on the rights legally described for the consumer, their duties and obligations to be fulfilled .
• The administrative and human resources capacity of the consumer organizations increased.
The project budget is € 1.800.000,00 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 24 months from the start date.
Project’s Activity Groups are:
• Activity Group A: Implementation of a Public Information Campaign
• Activity Group B: Promoting Effectiveness and Practicality for Consumer Arbitration Committees
• Activity Group C: Activities to Make Consumer Arbitration System a Regulatory Instrument in Turkey
• Activity Group D: Public Consultancy Activities to Promote a New Consumer Policy
• Activity Group E: Increasing Trader Awareness
• Activity Group F: Boosting the Capacity of Consumer Organizations